In an endeavour to make our dear Residents comfortable in their accommodation at Twilight Lawns, a few simple rules have been put together so that the individuals may feel relaxed and at home.
• Residents are reminded that rooms are to be kept clean and tidy at all times
• Beds are to be made by 7:30 in the morning so that one may enjoy breakfast, knowing that if there were a spot check one would not have privileges taken away from one.
• No more than two personal photographs are to be on display, as this gives an appearance of slovenliness. One photograph of one’s family; the choice is yours. One may also display a photograph of Matron; these may be purchased at the book kiosk or are available from Matron, by appointment. Signed copies at a nominal fee.
• No personal belongings, books, biscuit tins, combs, brushes etc are to be allowed to litter rooms.
• Persons of the opposite sex are not to be entertained in one’s room after dinnertime in the evening.
• Married couples are reminded that they must return to their own appropriate Wing at bed time. Gentlemen to the Lord Kitchener Wing; Ladies To their rooms in the Main Building.
• Ladies are again requested to wear hats at all times; to and from the lavatory and/or bathroom; to dinner, breakfast; tea and dinner, and of course, when out and about. As a small concession hats are not insisted on during supper and Medication Time.